As a busy fashion blogger, you know all there is to know about creating gorgeous imagery. And when it comes to your office, it should really be no different. But, there are a couple key tips you should keep in mind when it’s time to declutter your workspace. Organizing your office should make you feel like you’re prepping for New York Fashion Week; picking out only the essentials, but the most gorgeous ones that will leave you feeling inspired and channel your inner Carrie Bradshaw.
Photo Source: Tidy Moose
1. Invest in Storage: As a fashion blogger, you have an eye for what looks good. But don’t forget that your office space needs to be a compromise of fashion meets function. Whether you’re drawn more to filing cabinets or tall shelves, make sure you’re investing in storage. Whatever you decide, pick a system for organizing and stick to it. Don’t just add items to shelves because you can; make sure you’re strategic about your filing system and what all needs to stay vs what can be thrown away. Cut down on the clutter so that your space feels open, airy, and clean to keep those creative juices flowing.
Image via Pinterest
2. Let Go of What You Don’t Use: This goes hand in hand with tip number one. Think of your office like you think of your closet: if you haven’t worn it in over a year, chances are you never will. Same goes for your office supplies. If you’re not using them, there’s no need to keep them around, even if they are gorgeous to look at. You’ll want to keep your office space clean and inviting, and when you have unwanted clutter taking up space in your work space, it’s hard to stay inspired. Plus, you’ll want to make sure that your office looks Instagram ready in case you decide to to take any photos in there for the ‘gram.
3. Buy A Clothing Rack: This tip is short and sweet! Find a cute but functional clothing rack and set up a designated spot for it in your office. That way, you can hang up all the outfits you’ll be photographing and blogging about for the week.
Image via Pinterest
4. Office Supplies: Make sure you’re only getting supplies you’ll actually use! There’s no problem with buying cute office supplies, but don't buy something simply for the aesthetic purpose. Sure a gold stapler is gorgeous, but if you’re not actually going to be stapling anything...ever, then what’s the point of having it around? If it offers you little to no value, then it’s time to say goodbye.
This goes for digital storage too. Keeping your laptop or computer organized provides just as much value as it does when tidying up your physical office space. Organize your hard drive by location and date so you can quickly grab photos for your blog and know exactly where to find everything you’ll need. You can even purchase external hard drives or flash drives to keep those older files you may not need on hand. The best part? There are some super small ones that can fit perfectly inside your bag or filing cabinet, and not take up any unwanted space.
5. Hire Someone: Sometimes it’s better to just take a step back and let the professionals do their thing. Hiring someone to come in and set up or organize your office for you allows you the chance to get a fresh pair of eyes and some new ideas to get the job done. That way, you can spend more time landing brand collaborations and creating gorgeous content.