Whether you're in a small dorm or moving into your second home, finding affordable storage can be a challenge. We compared hundreds of shelving units and found the highest rated and most affordable options for every home. Get ready to clear that clutter!
1. Oiled Oak Sauder Three-Shelf Bookcase ($126.65) - with two adjustable shelves and a beautiful finish, this bookcase is perfect for the home office or study. A medium sized bookshelf that looks high-end, it clocks in at 13.25"x 35.25" x 43.75" (length x width x height) and is made in the USA.
2. Refrigerator Storage Hutch ($126) - If you're still rocking the dorm room fridge, this shelving unit was made for you. Designed to store your dorm fridge underneath and your microwave on that middle shelf, the hutch also provides an over-the-head pantry with an optional lock- perfect for any food-stealing roommates!
3. Ameriwood Storage Pantry ($140) - Maybe you've graduated from the dorm fridge, but you still lack a proper pantry. With four cabinet doors and five shelves, this pantry gives you ample space for storing canned goods, cereals, spices, baking ingredients and much more!
4. IKEA KALLAX Shelving Units ($109) - The KALLAX series is without a doubt the best deal you will find. In terms of storage per dollar, you can't beat this particular bookshelf. Standing at almost five feet tall by five feet wide with sixteen compartments, storage doesn't get any easier than this. This thing is so big IKEA even advertises it as a room divider!
5. Baxton Studio Cassidy Bookshelf ($198.63) - If you're looking for something a little bit more modern and don't mind paying a little extra, this is the bookshelf to get. It stands nearly four and a half feet tall and four feet wide, meaning you can pile a lot of books into a beautifully modern piece.
6. Room Essentials 9-Cube Organizer ($34.99) - If simplicity is your style, consider this 3' x 3' cube organizer from Target. While they have several other cube organizers in various configurations and sizes, this one gives you the most storage per dollar.
7. Sauder Furniture 5 Shelf Bookcase ($129.99) - Coming in at almost six feet, this is the shelf you want if you're trying to be an adult. It exudes power and confidence, and looks great too! The shelves are adjustable and come with an American chestnut finish.
8. ClosetMaid Storage Bench ($69.40) - Sometimes the best storage is subtle. Place this in your entryway to hold shoes, umbrellas, and those annoyingly large rain boots.
Do you have a favorite storage unit that you got on the cheap? Let us know in the comments and we may use it in a future article!
Images courtesy of Amazon.com, IKEA, Target, and Commission Junction