Want to post your design story but don’t know where to start? You’ve come to the right place! We love hearing stories from our users, and we want to help you bring out your inner Shakespeare when telling your story!
1. State your motivation: While we’re excited to hear how you found that polka-dotted couch, we also want to know what motivated you to change up your space. Have you always loved interior design and wanted to try it out for yourself? Have you reached a major life milestone and wanted to celebrate with a new kitchen? Whatever the reason, we want to know!
2. How did you do it?: Everyone approaches the design process differently. Did you hire a designer or build your own furniture? How did you pick that particular shade of lavender for the walls? What was the most challenging aspect of the design process and how did you overcome it? Let us know!
3. Where did you get it?: That fetching throw pillow? That lime-green end table? We want to know where you got your favorite items (so we can snag them up ourselves!). Listing your design sources is a great way to make your story shine!
4. Post quality photos with lots of light!: Okay, so this one isn’t technically about writing your design story, but it is important nonetheless. Design stories with quality photos are more likely to be featured on the site!
5. How has the new space changed your life?: Do you feel reinvigorated in your new space? Has your new kitchen reawakened a passion for cooking? Tell us how your new design has changed your life or something interesting that happened in this space.
And that’s it! We want to encourage all of our readers to share their own personal design stories, and we hope this guide chases off that pesky writer’s block!